According to market research conducted by Forrester in 2008, approximately 80% of mails sent across the world are spam. When you start operating your website through a free website maker, you face a severe spam threat, with a downpour of mails that provide information about sex pills, cheap rolex watches, money laundering and pornography. With a greater thrust on interactivity in the prevailing Web 2.0 era, website administrators face a higher degree threat from spammers.
The Doomby Solution to Spam Threat
Mapping the sensitivity of the issue, Doomby has initiated a campaign to educate its users regarding a message filtration process that can weed out spam. According to Doomby, the free website maker, users can guard their website against spam via two approaches:
- Moderation: Turn on the moderation process for blogs, comments and forums. Some people may consider moderation as a tool to curb freedom of speech and expression. However, a website administrator is not a revolutionary who fights for freedom. For him, it is crucial to shield his online identity from potential threats.
- Keyword filtering: Doomby free website maker allows registered users to add keywords that qualify for spam messages. With the feature, messages that contain restricted keywords will get automatically filtered and will not get published on the website.
The spam-control process is a great initiative by Doomby. It will help the company to attract higher volume of users and scale up on the free website maker comparison chart.
Adding another feature to its already full list of user-friendly services, Doomby has introduced free ecommerce solutions for its users. This will allow Doomby users to set up a virtual storefront to sell their products and services online.
Doomby Ecommerce Solutions
Doomby has launched two different packages for ecommerce solutions, both free and paid. The free package is available to any user who creates a free website with Doomby. The paid version is available €155 per year and offers a comprehensive solution for all ecommerce requirements.
Services available in the free package are:
- Product sheet that can contain a maximum of five products, as compared to unlimited products in the paid version.
- One image per product to be used in the online catalogue.
- Payment options via PayPal, wire transfer and cheque.
- One-click inventory management.
- Allow you to maintain important records, such as deliveries, payments and stocks.
- Order forms and pdf invoices
- Tax applications as per local requirements.
- In-website search to help customers with the online shopping
- Search engine optimization
- User comments on products and services on sale.
While internet is flooded with companies hosting paid ecommerce solutions, Doomby’s free package looks very interesting. Doomby is not listed among the top free website builders. However, with this launch, it can topple the list easily. With this easy web editor, the process to build the ecommerce store is really easy. It also offers a variety of templates and great customization options.